Is the moon landing evidence of a superior western Christian civilisation?

Does this feat Of mind boggling extraordinary event that happened 50 years ago prove the supremacy of our western Christian civilisation?

Could the Chinese or Africans or other lesser people have done something like this?

A man on the moon

• Fred
    Favorite Answer

The Moon landings were born out a need for American democracy to prove itself superior to Russian communism. In the 1960s both Russia and America were at their height of power and wealth and were the only 2 countries that had the wealth needed to run a proper space program. To get the American space program to where they put a man on the moon was estimated to have cost the American tax payer 24 billion dollars which is roughly the equivalent to 500 billion dollars in todays money. If the Americans or Russians had another space race like they had in the 1960s it would likely send the countries bankrupt as neither is as strongly financial as they were back then.

So it was not superior western Christian civilisation that put man on the moon but rather superior economical times of these Christian countries although I think religion in Russia back then was actually banned. If other countries had felt the need to put a man on the moon to show their technical skill and their superior type of Government likely they would have been in the space race. At the time no Asian or Muslim country really had the economy or expertise to build the space ships and control centres but as we see now countries like Japan, China, Korea, and India have over the last few years shown they have become technologically strong enough and wealthy enough to take on a challenge like space rocketry, although no Muslim countries seem interested in spending their money on space and have left it to other nations.

It was the politics of the time and the fear Russia would soon be able to mount nuclear missiles in space over America that drove America to prove whatever the Russians could do they could do better, and in the long run they did.

You've had a tough week. Its about to get tougher.

It was 50 years ago.

Nope. It's evidence of the superiority of secular culture over religious nonsense.

The moon landing evidence of a superior Western scientific civilisation?

• j153e

A great achievement, using about 4% of U.S. budget at time (now NASA has about .5%), and it included many risks for the astronauts (just as there had been unpublicized deaths to Soviet cosmonauts).

At the same time, the U.S. Negro family structure was becoming less functional, women were comparatively sex-trafficked or oppressed, and the military-industrial complex was in full swing. On the conservative side, the Communists and fellow-travelers at the Dept. of State had sold out the army of Chiang Kai-Shek, indirectly causing the murders-by-state of 40 or more million Chinese.

On a third hand, Mahatma Gandhi had guided a peaceful transfer of power from British to Indian rule; one of his bon mots: "I like your Christ; I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ....to be a good Hindu also meant that I would be a good Christian. There is no need for me to join your creed to be a believer in the beauty of Jesus or try to follow His example."

• I was at Mount Carmel Primary (Parish) School

Pennington Terrace Adelaide

We lived across the road @ 11 Hodgeman Road

We were all allowed home to watch it

Then I went fishing down at Port Adelaide wharves on my bike

Source(s): If you're Irish I was Buzz Aldrin Knobhead

It was faked by Stanley kurbrick on a sound stage. You're so gullible

• Bozo the Clown

It was faked by Stanley Kubrick on a sound stage. You're so gullible.

The Chinese or some Asian states may have the know how these day but not then. I would be hard pressed to think of any African state that could do it,then or now.

Actually, it proves the Nazis were superior and NASA admits it would have taken decades to achieve the technological prowess to put man on the moon.