Tippy asked in Science & MathematicsZoology · 5 months ago

If blue whale almost swallows a person but spits them back out, what’s the likelihood of the person getting injured from that?

I’m to understand blue whales are the largest species of whale and can fit more than just a person in their mouth but can’t swallow one because their throat is too narrow. What I’m wondering is, if a blue whale tried to swallow a human but then spit them back out, what’s the likelihood of the human getting injured from that?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Unless you happen to resemble a very small shrimp or other type of crustacean, you have nothing to worry about.

• 5 months ago

Between suffocation and crush wounds, you wouldn't enjoy the experience.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Blue whales have no teeth. The baleen plates are made of keratin, the same protein that is found in hair and finger nails. They are not going to hurt a person like teeth would. There is of course a chance that the mechanical force of the jaws can hurt a person, but it is unlikely as the whale will not close its jaws when there is a large object in the mouth.

• 5 months ago

Probably very minimal, drowning would be possible.

A blue whale would not intentionally take something as big as a human in their mouth, smaller squid or krill perhaps.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • bubba
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

It seems like you know more about blue whales than the average person , but its my guess a blue whale would not try to swollow a person in the 1st place

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They might get a case of terminal whale breath.

• A blue whale can't deep throat a person because they're only about to swallow tiny particles

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.