How many times you read a book you like too much?

You don't mean 'too much'. You just mean 'a lot'.

There are some books on my shelves that I've read over and over again. There are some books that I make a point of re-reading every year, others I select randomly. There are many books that I might not re-read from start to finish every time, but I dip into them occasionally to refresh my memory about a certain scene, or description, or turn of phrase.

Books I've read at least half a dozen times, but often far, far oftener, include the works of the late Scottish authors Mary Stewart and Jane Duncan; a lot of children's books including the Narnia books; the late American novelist Marcia Davenport's autobiography; Gerald Durrell's 'My Family and Other Animals'; Rose Macaulay's 'The Towers of Trebizon'; John le Carre's 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy' and 'The Honourable Schoolboy'; Anne Bridge's 'Illyrian Spring'; John Galsworthy's 'Forsyte Saga'; oh and many, many others.

• Marli

If I re-read a book, it means that I do not like it "too much". If I liked it "too much", I will have read it so many times that I am bored to read it again.

sorry to say, i do not understand everything, so i enjoy the books again in the re-reading. sometimes i enjoy them more in re-reading. after a few years re-reading it is like a new story.

i have re-read some books that i last read in the 1980s, they were good then, and are still good books.

Zeveral poetz, ezp Eliot and Dickinzon, & Khayyam, ,

The workz of Dr. P.D. Ouzpenzky

The Maurice Nicoll, `Commentariez`,

The workz of the geniuz, deceazed pzychoanalyzt Marion Williamz.

(I like them a lot, not `too much:) They are of inner value to me.

and, zecond time around, The Harry Potter Zeriez..

Source(s): **Pardon the `z` pleaze..I have not yet gotten another p.c. to uze online, Zorry!*

I have read 1 book about 60 times

• Sharon

as a kid I probably read "Tom Sawyer" over 100 times, and "Huck Finn" 60.

as an adult I read several of the "Crosstime Engineer" series (the first four, after that I found it going downhill) maybe 20 times

• Murzy

I only read a book one time.

• Andrew

There are many books that I've read over and over again. As a boy, I couldn't even begin to guess how many times I've read Bradbury's short stories. As an adult, the strongest contender for most reads would probably be Cormac McCarthy's "The Road" at about 25 times all the way through.