Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Is it too soon to have a baby after 2 months of being married?

After 2 months of marriage, my friend got pregnant. I think it wonderful news but I think it too soon. Isn't it better for a couple to wait 6 months or 1 year before having a baby?

Im not judging them, but I mean I hear from most people it better to wait some time after marriage to adjust to each other and have plans for the future about kids and house and travel etc

Favorite Answer

I just want to know how you feel you can put a time on someone else life of how soon they can have a baby. Where in life is it exactly the “perfect time” God is the maker and when HE thinks the time is right HE creates life. That’s their life let them do what they want. If they want to have 10 kids before marriage their business. Smh

It depends on how long they were together before they got married. Just meeting someone and suddenly having a baby spells disaster unless the couple has some sort of magical arrangement. Ideally the couple adjusts to living together, getting along even during boredom, and then they have their baby. I would dread having a baby while just getting to know someone.

If you have not heard, there are people who have babies and are not even married. And there are people who get married AFTER having babies.

It's interesting that you're over there trying to judge your friend's marriage and relationship. Not sure why you're sticking your nose in. Or why you're all upset about it?

I guess you don't have a life?

• cat

Your opinion of your friend's timing means nothing. There's no magical timeline here.

What are you gaining here by being so judgmental and opinionated?

it happens, i dont see anything wrong with it

Well, at least they waited until after they got married to get pregnant.

• paul

lots to consider, age, finances , housing , health insurance

• Teal

If you are committed enough to someone to marry them, you are committed enough to raise a kid with them. They will be fine.

I tend to mind my own business and allow other people to make their own decisions in life.

I have no idea what your friend's circumstances are.