Do you boil vegetables until they're mushy?

No. I do not boil my veggies, I steam them. I like my veggies slightly crunchy, not overcooked.

When vegetables are overcooked, they lose their nutritional value.

I no longer even use butter on my veggies. Instead, I use either flavored salt (lemon) or infused olive oils, herbs or naked.

• Joseph

I steam mine, fully cooked and full flavor that way.

• Jane

Only if I want them to be mushy! For example, to make smooth creamy mashed/pureed vegetables such as potato, sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot, cauliflower etc, or if I'm making soup such as cream of....something.I will also keep the cooking water to make stock for soup, sauces and stews, it adds a lot of flavour and nutrition.

If I want my veg to look colourful and taste fresh and crisp, I stir fry, char grill or steam.

• GEEGEE

Most times, no. I do steam some vegetables

no I grill them till their crisp

I steam it slowly. To blanch vegetables, bring a large pot of water to a rapid boil and drop the veggies or greens in. Stir them around a bit.

• Mark

Nope. That cooks all the nutrition out of them. Use as small an amount of water you can, and if you're going to make soup later on that week (or freeze it in cubes), use that water as the base.

• Jen

I prefer to roast. Brings out a sweetness that I love!

Certain ones, yes. Winter squash that I am going to mash or whip. Potatoes, same thing. Most everything else, I like a little firmness to them.

What kind of vegetables?You boil potatoes until they can be mashed.