Was I wrong for telling on my mom?

I’m 20 years old and I live with my mom while attending university. I love my mom dearly, but we don’t always get along, and unfortunately, the bad days outweigh the good days. Sometimes she’ll take her anger out on me, verbally abuse me, threaten to hurt me if she doesn’t get her way. Sometimes she’ll touch my... show more I’m 20 years old and I live with my mom while attending university. I love my mom dearly, but we don’t always get along, and unfortunately, the bad days outweigh the good days. Sometimes she’ll take her anger out on me, verbally abuse me, threaten to hurt me if she doesn’t get her way. Sometimes she’ll touch my thigh or butt and when I ask her to stop, she’ll say, “I’m your mother so I can do whatever I want.” That has been going on for years, and I told someone at our church (my mother is a minister). They talked to my mom and my mom said that she can never go back there. She’s very upset and I feel bad now. I really do love my mom and I never meant to hurt her, but sometimes she doesn’t treat me well. Was I wrong?
3 answers 3