Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Mom tells me to lie to my dad?

My mom ordered about $200 cosmetics online and now she wants me to tell Dad that they're for me? She's always telling me to lie about these. (Caz apparently dad loves me a lot and won't say anything if she takes my name) She buys stuff and tells me to lie to my dad and to tell him that they're for me. What do I do? I don't wanna lie to my dad and I also don't wanna break my mom's heart. Plz help. I also wanna get this really pretty and expensive dress, but I can't ask Dad for that caz I'm afraid if I do, he'll tell me "you just bought cosmetics for $200. You can't get that now" plz help me. I'm so confused

Favorite Answer

If you cover for your mom by lying to your dad, you are helping undermine their relationship. Tell your mom no when she asks you to cover. If she gets nasty about it tell your dad why she is dissing you. Truth is a good thing to stand by.

just tell your dad the truth

I would work on why the conscience didn't return till you wanted to ask for an expensive dress.

• Mrcury

Always tell the truth

• y

Tell her to stop putting you in the middle, that is piss poor parenting.

tell her god told you not to lie

stop lying and tell your dad the truth!

• P

Just tell your Mom she needs to deal with your Dad on her own and that she shouldn't be including you on these schemes. Regardless your Dad can't be that dense where he wouldn't be able to figure out who's actually using the stuff. I'm sure he already knows your Mom is a liar, but doesn't always want to fight with her about it.