Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Should I approach my brother on this and how so?

My daughters who’s 14 went to see my brother and his family. My daughter is self conscious like most girls, cause she’s definitely got some junk in the trunk. She came home and was crying to me. I asked her what’s the matter and she said her uncle made a bunch of hurtful comments to her. She said they saw girls around her age and he made comments like don’t you want to look more like that and other filthy comments. I was so disturbed. My husband and I are furious but don’t know if I should really let it go and not let her go around him again. What are your thoughts

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Confront him in front of your daughter so your daughter knows you are sticking up for her and to put your brother in his, that way they both know where you stand on the issue and there should be no more issues even if she was to go visit again.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

i wouldnt let her go around hirn again till he decides to change

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No. It sounds like he was trying to help her face the fact that she's too fat. You should let her move in with him, because he is a better parent to her than you are.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I would limit her exposure to those people and hope they asked why so I could explain how their ridicule hurt her feelings. Some people don't realize how their 'joking comments are actually hurtful to the recipient.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I definitely think you should approach your brother about this and explain to him that his comments were not only uncalled for, but disgusting. He shouldn't be looking at younger girls and comparing them like that. That is very scarring for a girl her age. I would also inform him he will not be allowed to see her anymore.

• 5 months ago

Screw that, I'd punch the fool in his face. How horrible

• lala
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

If it had been my daughter ?? My brother would have receive a call right away

As a mother of 5 grown up ;;I am a bear mother to my kids

and its better to not [ touch] my kids in any way shape or form

my children come first at all time

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.