Can I recover previous data from hard drive I formatted for my ps4?

I screwed up, I accidentally formatted my father s hard drive (thinking it was mine) for my ps4. The data in the hard drive had really important content inside that belongs to my father. He has yet to know whats going on and I really hope I can recover the data. before he find out.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes, you can recover it through the recovery software and recycle bin.

Attachment image
  • 5 months ago

Yes, you can from cloud storage.

• Who
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

"If your father never made a backup of the content then he screwed up." - like f//k he did "anonymous"

Backing up a hard drive is a good idea for all the reasons you give - but not doing it on your own drive that somebody who has no right to take comes along - takes it AND reformats it aint you screwing up its whoever took YOUR drive

• 5 months ago

Ooh... I highly doubt it. You could TRY Recuva, like someone else said, but you're probably screwed. Sorry, bro. (How do you not realize you're using the wrong hard drive before you do anything with it? Interesting... In your defense, though, your pops shouldn't leave important stuff like that lying around either...or at least label it...)) Seriously, though, sorry. :(

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

If your father never made a backup of the content then he screwed up. I make backups of whatever is on my computer.

You never know if someday your computer can either malfunction, or break. I take what I said seriously. Because I don't want to lose my data.

One time I gave some of my files to another person, and that person got rid of everything that I gave. I never gave the person my original data. I gave the person a copy of it, and I made a backup of it, so I didn't lose anything.

Another time one of my laptops stopped working, and it's a good thing I didn't put any of my data on it.

• 5 months ago

You might be able to recover some data, using an program like EaseUS and similar tools. Formatting typically rewrites things like the boot sectors and MFT (Master File Table) or FAT (File Allocation Table), but does not inherently erase the bulk of the data data or the file linking between sectors. Anything your PS4 wrote is toast.

• Mark
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

You could try a program such as "Recuva", but it's probable that the drive is gone for good.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Maybe if it was formatted in a PC it'd be recoverable, but the PS4 does more than just a quick format, so whatever that was on that drive is basically gone.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Nope. That's gone forever. Time for a groveling apology.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

nope...................... unless you did a quick format then you can unformat.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.