What does your faith teach you about your body? Is it a disposable container for the soul? An integral part of who you are? Something else?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

(Genesis 2:7) 7 And Jehovah God went on to form the man out of dust from the ground and to blow into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living soul The soul that is sinning it will die. So then we are gone. when the meek inherits the earth.. . .

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Temporary housing. My faith teaches that we are not physical beings having a spiritual experience, but spiritual beings having a physical experience.

• 2 years ago

The Bible tells us that our body is our tent - which our spirit lives in because when the body dies, and goes to rot in the grave, the spirit leaves the body, and returns to God who gave it (Ecclesiastes 12:7).

Both Apostle Paul and Peter referred their body as their tent (2 Corinthians 5:1 and 2 Peter 1:13)

• 2 years ago

I know that people have been taught that the body has a soul that leaves to go somewhere after the body dies. Is this what the Bible teaches? The King James Bible prior to 1985 tells us at Genesis 2:7: "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." (1985 says "living being")The Living Bible says "living person." In the Bible, "soul" is translated from the Hebrew--ne'phesh-- and the Greek--psy-khe'--. Bible usage shows the soul to be a person or an animal or the life that a person or an animal enjoys. This is verified in the Bible at Ecclesiastes 3:18-20 where it tells us: "I also said in my heart about the sons of men that the true God will test them and show them that they are like animals, for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust." Ecclesiastes 9:10 says: "Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor plannig nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going." The hope humans have over the animals is known in the scriptures as a "resurrection on the last day" as Martha told Jesus about her dead brother, Lazarus at John 11:24. Also see Acts 24:15 and John 5:28+29. I invite you to learn more about what the Bible really teaches from the international website, jw.org. See Bible Teachings > Bible Questions Answered. Also see About Us > Activities and Frequently Asked Questions. IF you believe what you learned, you can request your free personal Bible study online or from the next witness who knocks on your door or by visiting your neighborhood Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses. There is never a collection taken and all are welcome. Thank you for this question.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • k w
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

an easy vehicle to test , only God knows and will Judge when the time is right......

• 2 years ago

It teaches me to take care of it. I need it to work for a while longer.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

The body is a disposable container for the soul. When we are resurrected, we will get new bodies. Even those of us who are alive when Jesus returns will get new bodies.

• Derek
    Lv 5
    2 years ago

The body is part of the soul. It is the God-given physical part. It is so important, the Son of God added human nature to himself in order to become a physical man. He died, physically, but because he had never sinned death couldn't claim him and he was resurrected. That resurrected body was the same one he had died with but it was glorified, made fit for both doing miraculous things while on earth, and for glorious thing in heaven.

He ascended back to heaven in that transformed resurrected body and Christians are assured they will get resurrection bodies just like Jesus one. The body is very important; physically the dead body will corrupt in the grave but God will raise it back to imperishable life, to be reunited with the spiritual part that lives on after our physical death.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.