What was the most surprisingly spiritual thing you have heard a child say? How old was the child?

We were driving along the road during a thunder and lightning storm when our 8 year old son said,

"It's God taking flash photos and grumbling at the results."

Okay, that's not very spiritual, but it was so funny, and such an insight into how a child 'sees' things from a God-perspective. It was his spontaneous observation about something to do with God.

A person can know many truths, and can become more truly childlike, by way of having true devotion to the rosary, reciting it each day with care. It is also good to have true devotion to the Child Mary.

Before she knew her birth date, address, telephone number, her city, state, country, or 2+2, Chloe, age 3 said, "Jesus loves me. This I know."

I heard this story from an acquaintance. When she was a very little girl, her father was frequently physically abusive to her. One day she said to him, "You're not my real Daddy! My real Daddy is there and he sees you every time you're mean and he's very mad at you!" She says she had no real spiritual intention there and hadn't even thought of it in terms of God. She was just denying him as her parent and making vague statements. But he turned pale and never again struck her. She said she realized years later that he evidently thought she was talking about God. I don't think she said how old she was, but I got the idea she was four or five.

It wasn't exactly spiritual, was it, but it certainly was effective.

"How can grown ups believe there is an invisible man in the clouds who makes everything happen??"

My 6 year old Nephew.

My son.

I am an atheist but was raised a Christian and my wife is Christian. I did not want to lead me son down the same path, it’s better if it is a path you have chosen so I did my best to explain the different beliefs about spirituality. I read him some kid’s bible stories and asked him what he thought about everything.

He told me that he believed there is a God, but people probably don’t understand Him very much.

He was 3 or 4 at the time.

This happened several years ago. Right now this is the only thing that is coming to mind. I don't remember the specifics - but it made me cry; overwhelmed by her wisdom.

It was a prepared speach given by a girl no older than 12 or 13 right before her baptism, giving her life to Christ. The speach was so wise and wonderful... it sounded like it was written by an old soul.

Our Father is pleased to reveal His wisdom to children.

At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.

“All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

Why didn't they just make flat TV screens to begin with? 8 years old.

My 7 year old said that since God is three in one according to the Holy Trinity, therefor it is considered a threesome when God onanates.

Heard very spiritual thing a child say in my life is god is one.