Who is the kindest person of faith you have ever met?

I'm not particular about *what* faith that person belonged to. Tell me a story about someone who was kind to you, and how that kindness was an expression of their faith. If they were an atheist, that is ok, too!

Our local Lutheran Minister, a South Korean ex-soldier who decided to become a minister.

And this was after he had witnessed some of the worst of what one human being is capable of inflicting upon another too.

And he regarded myself as a friend even though I'm an avowed Atheist.

But I suspect he was praying for my heathen soul anyway.

Probably my kindergarten teacher.

• David

My grandmother.

• Ala

Jesus Christ. I met him in a dream.

My friend's former landlord was such a man. the sweetest person you could imagine, happy, generous, helpful. So unlike the "christians" here, you'd think they were of a different species.

Many believers are nice people, in spite of the hateful religion they claim membership to.

• gillie

The rabbi from the next town over.

• Rayal

My sons 4th grade teacher was a saint.

IVE KNOWN QUITE A FEW AND MR MCNEIL WAS MY FAVE PASTOR...HE WAS FROM TEXAS BUT IVE KNOWN MANY SWEET ONES...

Nuns in school use to slap the sh*t out of me.

Our local priest was transferred after one accusation too many of a sexual nature.

I find the Whole thing a load of rubbish, and never met one who practiced what they preached.

Jim Baker, Jimmy Swaggert, Joel Olstein, or whatever his name his........all crooks, all snake oil salesmen.

• My old piano teacher from when I was in fifth and sixth grade.