Were you happy with the introduction of VAR?

Comes into effect this season but some are already stating that it interrupts play too much

Too much money at stake for refs to make errors even though they are human

its 2019 and we were always going to end up sloooowly introducing technology more and more into sport anyway.

Look at Cricket, they have hawkeye and that thing where you can see heatmaps when the cricket ball 'nicks' the bat, it either stops an lbw decision given or its confirmed the batsman edged it.

look at tennis also, they have a similar system to overrule or rule for a players shot decision. They have video replays and stuff which the 3rd official can use.

sport will get better with this yes, but what will get better is if off the ball cheating is detected also.

this will force players to become better without a doubt.

• August

some teething problems but it should smooth it self out by October

Was I happy with the introduction of VAR? Yes I was very happy and I think it will change the game for the better. Was I happy with how the BPL is doing VAR? HELL NO, many other leagues, such as la liga, and many other sports, such as rugby, have used a system similar to VAR and they do it relatively well, but if the premier league continues to use it like this, then it will spoil the game for sure

• Betty

I was for checking off sides when a goal is scored,but other than that I'm not happy at all.....it's going to slow the game down and watching a football game could be like watching an American football game...slow and boring !!!!!

The new hand ball rule is also an utter joke which was proven at the weekend when Wolves were robbed of three points at Leicester...the rules that these idiots are introducing will send football on a downward spiral and spoil it for fans.

yes, can finally put to bed the myth that refs favour united

• F

I did notice a lot less cheating holding in the box in the opening games but it may return if no one gets caught by VAR. The Wolves goal diasallowed against Leicester was ridiculous although that was due to the change in the hand ball law as well.

Get rid of it.with var what are supporters suppose to discuss on a monday morning. if it was a goal or not was it a penalty or not. Var takes that away from supporters

• DEBS

It is rare that it is a significant delay. There are still some tweaks that would be nice to speed it up even more though. At least in the US, the CR goes and reviews almost all plays recommended to him. Almost all of these are overturned. That means it was obvious enough to take the VAR crew's word for it. If you listen to the VAR reviews presented by the referee organizations after the games, you hear a decision being made before the CR is even told it should be reviewed. The exceptions can be still have the referee run to the side to see it himself, but more trust in the VAR crew would be nice. (Until they get it wrong. Then I'll want the CR making all the decisions. :) )

• dunny

Aye if they get faster with it

Yes, very pleased. 'Some' are idiots. Surely it's better to have minor interruptions than to have wrong decisions? 'Some' people love to complain for no good reason.