asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 4 months ago

why are people so interested in the Epstein story? I don't get it? what is so special about him?

we just had two mass shootings in the past 10 days and the news media dropped those stories after just a day or two? am I right? why?

Unlike the mass shootings, the Epstein story focuses on an individual, and a man whose monstrosity also lies buried in the secret hearts of others, including women (isn't Ghislaine Maxwell, his accomplice, a piece of work?) The Jeffrey Epstein imbroglio has sex, wealth, and celebrity. Mass shooting accounts lack those powerful appeals, and the characters are thinner, names merely.

I suspect that you want the pleasures of others conform to notions of decency, social justice, and morality. Pleasure doesn't follow such guidelines. Do you prefer a good sermon to a thriller?

• 4 months agoReport

so do you think he did some really unthinkable types of sex acts on those young girls? why people are secretly wanting that type of sex maybe?

because he had dirt on prominent people ,one is governor Richardson,bill Clinton and many more!

• patty

he trafficked in teenage girls, supplying them to fellow paedophiles. You don't think that is serious.

Because we are not satisfied to conform to Victorian values when every breathing one of us is more worldly than that. I suspect he was the nicest pimp in town. . Epstein is a rare specimen. A kid from Brooklyn, his father was a park man and his mother a caregiver. Very humble origins--but I guess he was popular with the chicks. Thus began his empire. A major loss to the counter-culture.

Epstein has been committing rapes and kidnappings and other crimes for decades; he has victimized more people than a all the US mass shootings in his lifetime. We want to know why he wasn't stopped long ago.

Epstein partied with Donald Trump, Bill Clinton, England's Prince Andrew, Henry Kissinger (foreign relations adviser to Richard Nixon) and numerous other politically well-connected men. During his earlier sex abuse trial, he was defended by Ken Starr (a Republican who conducted the Whitewater investigation into the Clintons) and Alan Dershowitz (a criminal appelate attorney who defends high profile clients such as Patty Hearst, Claus von Bulow, O.J. Simpson, Mike Tyson and now Harvey Weinstein).

I’m not interested. I don’t care anything about him or that he’s dead.

It is fascinating because it makes no sense.

It happened the day after the court mandated a document dump.

A suicide attempt had already been attempted.

Every single prison protocol was short-circuited, almost unheard of.

There are almost no answers coming forth.

There are charges of very influential, rich and important people wrapped up in the story.

LOL

• Good answer. I don't always agree with you, as you perhaps know, but on this we agree. Did AG Barr's dad Donald Barr hiring a 20-year-old Epstein without a college degree to teach calculus and physics at NY's private Dalton School (teen girls and boys) cause a problem? I'm curious.

let's be real here... do you think that the mass shootings were unexpected? Did you feel any emotional investment towards it? I doubt it, because the unfortunate reality here in this country is that the more that these shootings happen, the less people care about them.

• People's lives are important, and no one could have expected a white supremacist would drive 10 hours from his TX home with the intention of entering an El Paso Walmart wearing body armor, armed to the teeth, to deliberately target brown-skinned shoppers, including kids.

Because making up conspiracy theories lets people let go of reality.

Because he hada 14 inch c*ck