Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 4 months ago

Do bullied teens become weird and anxiuos adults?

Sometimes. Other times they become bullies themselves.

Not necessarily

depends on the teen, theyre all different

Not always. I was extremely bullied. This was long before anti-bullying campaigns. In the day and age in which I was bullied, it was almost expected that you would be bullied. It was almost a right of passage. You had to learn to either fight back, run away, or hide under a rock somewhere. Bullies are going to be everywhere, my dear. The world is full of bullies. They are a dime a dozen and come in all different shapes, sizes, colors, and ages. You have to learn to stand up for yourself. I'm not promoting physical violence by any means, but in my day, that was all we had. Of course back then, we didn't really have school shootings every other week, so a fight at school didn't trigger a full blown national security crisis. I knocked a few people on their a$$es, and visa versa, I got my a$$ beat down a few times. But one thing I never let the bastards have, and that was the satisfaction of me cowering or bowing down. But today, use your words and your wits, not your fists. You can let bullying make you a stronger person, or you can just hand the bullies the trophy, and cower down. Again, bullies are everywhere. You have to learn to stand up for yourself. If we are just talking about words, what the hell is the problem? I would have given anything if the only thing bullies did in my day was say something unkind. I could have easily lived with that. What people say only matters if you let it matter. If they are just shooting off their mouths, ignore them. Who cares what they think. It is obvious you care TOO much about what they think. Toughen up. Life gets much harder than words. And you are wrong, bullying does not permanently damage you. Again, it only does if YOU let it. I sure as hell am not permanently damaged. I know what I want in life, and I go out and get it. Nothing stands in my way. I've been very successful. I don't have PTSD, depression, anxiety or anything else. I would have been damned if I let them have the satisfaction of giving me those things, so I refused to have them. I am enjoying my life. Last I heard, most of my bullies were either dead from drug or alcohol abuse, going through a third divorce and filing for bankruptcy, and one of them got so fat he can't even hardly move. Funny how once they get out of high school and stop playing sports, they just keep piling on the pounds. Saw him in the grocery store not long ago. I wanted to go kick his cane out from under him, but then I remembered I didn't need to. All I had to do was walk up, smile, shake his hand and ask him how he has been. It's obvious how we have both been doing, and my life is certainly going much better. That's all the satisfaction I needed.

• ❀✰Katie✰❀

Sounds to me that the type of bullying you experienced was physical. Almost all of the bullying I experienced when I was a kid was emotional. Unfortunately, the school I attended didn't start an Anti-Bullying program until a year AFTER leaving that school.

Not all bullied teens become weird and anxious adults. Some actually become hypervigilant punks with principle.

Some do,

I am a sad example the slap fight I

had gotten into ruined me for good during

my 8th grade school year & caused much

pain :(

no they do not......

I was bullied , i learned to fight back. Made me stronger

The ones who are taught not to fight back well they grow to have issues in life . I do understand not all can fight back. That’s where friends and others need to help .

The ones who do nothing and know about another being bullied are just as bad as the bully

• ❀✰Katie✰❀

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." -Albert Einstein

• donnie

Sometimes but not always. Some people do but not everyone. Some people it makes stronger and other people it has the opposite effect. This depends on the person.

• ❀✰Katie✰❀

Donnie, how can malicious gossip constantly being spread about you, resulting in chronic rejection & having your friendships broken up make you stronger? That's the type of bullying I experienced when I was in middle school & it's still affecting me today.

They become anxious adults who are disliked, ignored or even hated.

I’m an example and I’m over 30.

Am disliked and cannot make friends as I never learnt as a teen.