So when are democrats gonna abolish superdelegates?

Think it's funny they talk about democracy and then be like muh party has a right to determine the candidates not the people, abolish closed primaries too

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

Already begun.

DNC changes superdelegate rules in presidential nomination process

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/25/politics/democrats-...

• Future
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They didn't change the results of the last nomination.

• 3 months ago

LOL! I'm guessing you heard about this on Faux News. BOTH parties have their ways of getting around their voters in primaries. In fact we didn't even HAVE nationwide primaries until like the 1970s.

• Taylor3 months agoReport

yea sure whatever you neoliberal parasitical douchebag

• 3 months ago

I’m a Democrat, and I agree with you on this one. So can you stop trolling us now? It’s really irritating.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nancy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Anyone can vote in the Democratic Party's primary, including Republicans. That's why there are super delegates: to prevent the Democratic Party being derailed by a bunch of Republicans or other non-Democrats voting in their primary to sabotage the party by voting for someone who can't win.

By the way, you live in a Republic. You have delegates making decisions for you all the time. That's the very nature of a republic. In fact, being that you seem to detest that so much, maybe you shouldn't be "REPUBLICan."

• 3 months ago

They probably wouldn't do it until it becomes such a PR nightmare that they have to. However I'm glad they changed the rules for superdelegates this time around. It's better than nothing and should at least avoid a repeat of the 2016 sh!tstorm

• 3 months ago

Never, ever, ever, everlong.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.