Chris asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 months ago

Why did Hitler interfere so much with Military Strategy during WW2 when he had capable Generals and Field Marshalls?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because he was a control freak and also believed that nobody was as clever as he was.

• 6 months ago

As a former Cpl he thought he was better than this senior officers.

• 6 months ago

I think he was becoming hysterical and was developing mental health issues.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

So in other words, you haven't got a clue. You're just writing some rubbish for the points. The question is absurd to begin with.

• 6 months ago

because he was a megalomaniac who trusted no one.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Easily provable as not so.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • blu
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

He had an ego that overestimated his ability and clouded his judgement.

No matter what, any failure was going to be someone elses fault (sound familiar?). He was blaming the German people as the end neared. That's what they get for supporting him.

Sometimes Hitlers orders were ignored by his generals ...

"But Hitler sent a letter telling him (Rommel) not to yield “even a yard of ground.” “As to your troops,” the führer added, “you can show them no other road than that to victory or death.” Despite his reverence for Hitler, Rommel disobeyed for fear his force would be completely annihilated. He also disregarded an order directing German generals to execute Allied commandos caught behind enemy lines."

https://www.history.com/news/8-things-you-may-not-...

• 6 months ago

Actually, he didn't intervene enough. In his final testament, he names Reichs-Marshal Hermann Goring and Minister of the Interior Heinrich Himmler as traitors who "brought irreparable shame on the whole nation by secretly negotiating with my enemy without my knowledge and against my will, and also by attempting illegally to seize control of the State."

This documented evidence comes from the National Archives, which was verified "authentic" by the FBI. Considering that it was Himmler who gave the secret orders to exterminate the Jews, there is an indication that Hitler never gave such orders and possibly never knew about them.

There is no mention of exterminating Jews in his autobiography Mein Kampf, although it is claimed that there is. It also suggests that the Wannsee Protocol ("Final Solution to the Jewish Question") was the second (and assumed last) attempt to relocate the Jews just as the document reads. It certainly corroborates the possibility of the "final solution" being an attempt to resurrect the Haavara Agreement ("Solution to the Jewish Question"), which explains the similarities of the two plans (you can't have a "final" anything unless you first have an "initial" something).

This concept seems to lose everyone who has been taught that "the Final Solution" was some kind of elaborate plan to exterminate Jews.

To some degree, perhaps Hitler was ultimately responsible since he was Germany's leader at the time. But if this is true, then President Johnson should have been responsible for the My Lai Massacre which took place under his watch.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

True. As per the sign Truman had on his "Oval Office" desk, "The buck stops here."

• 6 months ago

He overestimated his own wisdom.

• ...Show all comments
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

John: He hadn't "deluded himself" at all. He knew what the situation was. Like almost all people in a stressful situation, he day-dreamed on what could have been. It amazes that you fall for the "party line".

• 6 months ago

Because he was, by his account, a military genius.

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

He was to a degree. But the reason was that he had a more global perspective on the grand strategy.

• 6 months ago

He was narcissistic, drug-addicted, and obsessively nationalistic. He was also paranoid and self-delusional.

• ...Show all comments
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

snafu: I NEVER have "drivel". I only present the side you never consider due to being filled up with B.S.

• 6 months ago

The power went to his head.

• ...Show all comments
    • Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Laf: Rubbish. The same thing occurs with ALL leaders. Look at the Orange Fraud. You can't justify your trite claim at all.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.