Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicJokes & Riddles · 10 months ago

Unreasonable neighbor?

I accidentally back into my neighbors mailbox , knocking it down. It left a big scratch and a dent on my car! I offered to pay for the mailbox as long as he repairs my car as it was his mailbox that did the damage. Well, this jerk is refusing! So i decided not to replace the mailbox. Now he is screaming at me and threatening to file a police report! What a lunatic! How should I deal with this maniac? I mean it was HIS mailbox that did the damage!

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favourite answer

Tell him off and state that it was an accident and that he's screaming like mad for every little thing. Since you unintentionally caused an accident, that makes you feel you are responsible for breaking his mailbox. He should have tried to assist you but since he didn't, he wants total reparation for something he feels was entirely your fault when in fact you only caused a minor accident, making it sound like you did this on purpose.

• ...Show all comments
    • willy10 months agoReport

Excellent, well thought out answer Tommy! I’m glad you understood where I was coming from in my question, unlike the other user who rudely commented on your answer!

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 10 months ago

It's your poor driving that damaged his mailbox and your car. You pay for both.

• edward
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

you moron, where did you get the impression he owes you anything. Unless his mailbox is on your property he owes you nothing and you owe him a new mailbox

• 10 months ago

Your neighbor owes you nothing for your mistake. The right thing to do would be to fix his mailbox, or compensate him for the cost of repairing it. Get it in writing!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Please be a troll.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

i would just help fix it so he stops bothering you

• 10 months ago

Small claims court

• willy10 months agoReport

I’m considering it...

• Mr. P
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You broke it - you fix it.

I would just take a bag of ready mix and concrete it so it is upright. I wouldn't be too fussed about getting it perfect, but try and put right what you did.

You dented your car - not him, so that was your own fault.

• Anna E
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

His mail box was an inanimate object and was in the yard. Your car was operated by you and backed into his inanimate mail box. You should replace the mailbox, but it is your own fault your car is damaged.

• 10 months ago

The right thing to do is pay for the mailbox and your own car repairs as well. It was you that caused the accident and the damage.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.