I had a tonsillectomy 2 weeks ago, can I smoke again yet? Theres still white on the back of my throat but I’m in very little of pain.?

Favorite Answer

What did your post surgical instructions say? Only you would have been given a specific set of instructions upon release from the hospital. Smoking is generally not recommended while you are healing from the surgery, and no one but your doctor can tell if you are healed up or not. So call your doctors office to get the proper answer.

• rb236 months agoReport

I was told to wait 2 weeks, but I’m just worried as not all the scabs have gone etc and I don’t want to do it if it’s going to cause me harm or pain, but i really need one

• Roddy

This is an ideal opportunity to give up smoking. It does your throat no good, to say nothing of your liungs and other major organs.

• audrey

If you haven't smoked for two weeks, now might be a great time to quit!

• Marc

No. You cannot smoke that close to surgery

• God

Don't do it. This is a good time to stop smoking.

No, just wait for still some day, waiting is better then death.