Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

why doesn't your food digest sometimes?

I apologize in advance for the tmi. I had a normal breakfast at 7AM (jimmy dean sausage sandwich and coffee) and felt queasy all day and it is 105 today so the heat doesn't help and I didn't eat lunch or anything else and at 4 I finally threw up and I literally threw up breakfast and I am wondering why didn't it digest? I don't feel like I have a bug or anything just hot and tired.Im sipping ginger ale but don't want to chance any food just yet.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The heat makes you feel sick and high fat goods like that take longer to break down and digest

• Stasia
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Did you eat bad food? It's inevitable.

• 6 months ago

Corn never does. But if you puke after it went down past esophagus it is partially absorbed for a baby fetus. So your blood has some vitamins. So it did partially digest the food you ate.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Look .. you had a breakfast of Jimmy Dean sausage sandwich and coffee. Usually, not a bad breakfast, but it's greasy. Then, you went out in 105-degree temperature.and didn't eat lunch. Greasy food and high temperature don't usually mix too well. THAT's why your food didn't digest, and it made you sick at your stomach and you threw up.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

How should I know? There are all kinds of possibilities.

Like you said, the heat doesn't help. And it sounds like a high-fat meal, which may not help either.

• 6 months ago

Some foods especialy meats can take a long time to digest.

• k w
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

cold water can easily do it, anything cold.......a retired dentist I just know, passed out behind the wheel cuz of an ice cold drink. don't drink at meal times, it dilutes the enzymes and makes it impossible to digest, mostly on older folk, tho the habits you make while young, are very-very hard to change later on....fruit-meat-potato/carb, maybe a little black coffee [ sugar screws digestion too ]

• 6 months ago

Ask a doctor; it has never happened to me.

Pray to GOD also!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That happens to me sometimes too. I always assumed it’s because I had a stomach bug.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.