East asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

Guy asked me every single day why I wasn't wearing a coat: OK to treat him as invisible now?

At the gym I go to, I know the regulars. They're nice.

One guy, though, asked me EVERY SINGLE DAY when it was below 60 degrees why I didn't wear a coat. (I walk only one block to the gym.)

Sometimes he'd rush at me, both in the gym and when I'd see him around town, yelling that I wasn't "wearing enough clothes" if it was below 60 degrees and I wasn't wearing a coat.

We're both straight men, in our 40s/50s.

I got so tired of the constant remarks that I stopped even acknowledging him. Now I totally ignore him and walk right past him.

Would you be irked as well?

Thanks.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

old question

The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Depends on your tolerance for the intellectually delayed (which is probably what's going on with this guy).

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

he might just be trying to make conversation

• 10 months ago

I have a feeling this gentleman is developmentally delayed or "special" in some way--he sincerely thinks he is helping you out--probably some rule that was practiced with him over and over---maybe try to change the convo--"Hey-thanks--but I think I will survive the ride home today--and ask him a question..." oftentimes when someone is perseverating on something a simple question can nap them out of it...and they forget what they were concerned with...

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 10 months ago

He sounds gay but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• 10 months ago

I would ignore him too.

• 10 months ago

Given this behaviour has been persistent, you not engaging with this person is the best choice for you.

• 10 months ago

Hardly. If you were irked from their tendencies yet you seemingly listened, it would come off as false and rude. I would be irked too but I'd also forgive their actions.

Same as before, never okay to pretend your trusted gym instructors are not here.

• 10 months ago

I wouldn't treat him as if he were invisible I would tell him it is not his business and to leave me alone

• donnie
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

I really have no idea 60 degrees is not even cold. Maybe he has some kind of issue or is trying to get a reaction out of you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.