Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 10 months ago

What to do, help please!!?

What’s good ettiquette here? Confront a hot tempered friend or?

Is this out of guilt, or as my “friend” wants to meet up? Have not heard from her in 4 months, whats good ettiquette?

She ignored my last text months ago (she hates phone calls and wont speak on phone)

Now she texts and wants to meet for coffee

Says she feels “guilty”

My issue is, is she wanting to meet to ease her guilty conscience and make herself feel better?

Or does she actually want to see me, a long term friend

Shes super sensitive.

I dont want to meet up just to ease her guilt!

I wont be used to ease a guilt trip.

If you want to mend the relationship go meet her. If you're just over it don't. It's really just as simple as that.

The only thing you didn't mention is what YOU want to do! Obviously, all we know about this friend is she's hot tempered and she won't talk on the phone. For me personally, either of these would be dealbreakers for a friendship. But I'm in my 30's with some awesome close friends, so I can afford to be picky. If you're a teen, you may not see how bizarre this is.

On some level, you must want to get together or you wouldn't be asking the question. If you do this, though, be firm on what YOU want from the friendship. Don't roll over and let her keep defining it. For example, if you're older than teens, that phone thing is ludicrous. No adult can go through life avoiding phone calls. Is this something she only does with you? If so, why?

maybe you should ask her this question

If you didn't like what she says, I would rather you said as you got up to leave, "Sorry, this doesn't seem to be working very well. But call me some time when things cool down, okay?"

Why not meet her and hear what she wants to say? It would be wrong and rude not to give her a chance to explain.

If you don't like what she says, or you feel she hasn't actually addressed the problem, just get up, say 'Sorry we've both wasted our time', and leave.