Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 6 months ago

Were the 60s the worst decade in US history?

A bunch of liberal radicals protesting America's fight against communists both at home and abroad, quite the revolution you had there. Then a decade later came Ronald Reagan.

Shows the power of the 60s! Not!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

yes the 60s were the worst of times. we had dirty drugged-up hippies, the manson murders and race riots burning down our cities. but they were also the best of times. we had economic prosperity, moon landings, some great music, classic tv shows, and hope for a brighter future.

• blu
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The 1960s were some of the best yrs. of my life. I remember them clearly. I was blessed to be born when I was.

All decades are relative to what one looks at. The optimist thinks it's the best of all worlds, the pessimist fears this is true. The optimist will see/appreciate the work of art, the pessimist will see/complain about the shabby frame around it.

It has been my observation politics is like the 2 anodes on the battery. One is negative, one positive. Both are needed to complete the circuit. It's obvious which anode you are.

Both Kennedy and LBJ were libs against the spread of communism. As our youths began coming home in body bags and awareness about what was going on in Vietnam increased, public sentiment significantly increased opposition to the war. Eventually, even the draft dodgers were granted amnesty. That speaks volumes.

Those left wing hippies formed a sizable city of 400,000 people for 3 days at Woodstock (1969) w/ virtually no crime or violence despite the absence of law enforcement. You don't want to see that any more than how Nixon surreptitiously interfered w/ the Vietnam peace talks in 1968 to get an edge in the election. There's no way to know how many lives that cost.

• 6 months ago

IMHO, The CURRENT decade is the worst in my lifetime. The 80's were when things started fall apart starting on July 2, 1982.

• 6 months ago

NO. Actually they were pretty goof. People exercised free speech in a more intense manner that any other time since and they were recovering from the McCarthy Era of the 1950's.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

The 1860s were much worse than the 1960s.

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It was not one of the best. JFK and RFK assassinated; MLK assassinated; the war in Vietnam escalated with poor kids drafted and rich kids getting draft deferments.

• so
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

The 60's were the best. Then, it was destroyed by Ronnie Reagan and his low-level thinking.

• 6 months ago

Trump wasn't president in the 60s. Jackass...assbag...retard.

• 6 months ago

it was the 20s cause they gave those damn indian aliens citizenship starting the end of pure america

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.