My Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac works great but is no longer supported. Should i upgrade?

Favorite Answer

Hi. "Unsupported" is a term used by the company that wrote the software, that happens to be over 10 years old.

If You've done the updates that they released on a fairly regular, or at a least a fairly recent basis, then You shouldn't have any issues with the software running on Your system(s) at this point.

From there it's all about knowing how to use the software, which - after over 10 years of being released, is pretty much handled by all the Youtube videos & forums websites anyway by now.

So no, You don't need to upgrade, as long as it still does what You use it for, but I WOULD be sure I saved as many of the update patches I could still recover from the system just in case it ever needs a re-install from the original disc(s).

G'Luck!!!

• Stasia

You can always subscribe to Microsoft Office 365.

Dude, I'm still using MS Office 2010 'cause I can't stand 2016, so I think you're fine! As long as it works, who cares? I'm gonna use 2010 till they fix things in 2016 or later! lol. You're good, man!

• art

not being supported only means they have stopped making security updates

I am still using office 2003 (for my windows 7 desktop) it works fine and still does everything I need it to so I have no intention of updating to a newer version

• keerok

You're supporting it. That's what matters.

• Dick

The Office Suite (2008) doesn't top working so it'a a matter if you want to blow the money on a new Office Suite. I have Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise and it's been unsupported for 2 years now and I've had no issues whatsoever. It's just a matter of not getting any new improvements to the software package from Microsoft. So if you're happy with the way it works, why bother?