Is this an introvert thing: Why do I get nervous AND excited when I have to talk to people?

Sometimes I'm totally fine and talk so much, not nervous at all with people. And then sometimes, I get some random shyness that comes. My heart might beat quickly and I might be a little shy at first, but yet, with that shyness there's like some weird excitement. And there have been countless occasions... show more Sometimes I'm totally fine and talk so much, not nervous at all with people. And then sometimes, I get some random shyness that comes. My heart might beat quickly and I might be a little shy at first, but yet, with that shyness there's like some weird excitement. And there have been countless occasions where I've talked to people for hours and had so much fun. I have been the initiator of this many times too.
I always referred to myself as an introvert for the reason I have this shyness thing in me. But I have also been so outgoing and talkative at times I've surprised myself, yet it felt so natural.
I feel like a contradiction altogether cause I love being alone too and don't get very bored by myself because I spend the entire time coming up with ideas, dreams, and possibilities. I am a huge daydreamer. And I get immersed into these worlds, which I've heard is a pretty introvert thing to do. And I do that so often. So I am confused. Am I a little socially anxious? Or is it normal? I just think it's so weird that at times I'm way too excited and talkative and other times kinda shy.