Are there any updated sites that I can use to check for spy ware / adware, and to clean my registry?

registry cleaners are no longer needed and probably never were.

Windowe inbuilt security is generally fine, recently passed security tests with a high score. Unless you are downloading dodgy files that could be compromised I would say windows defender and a modern browser are generally all you need.

I used to use malwarebytes and sptbot search and destroy years ago but not saure what the status of them is.

• Lv 7

websites cannot check for malware.

try malwarebytes (google it).

also, registry never needs cleaned. all reg cleaners are scams based on fear (which is actually a form of terrorism).

• Enigma

Get a free anti-virus and anti-malware. I suggest Avast and SUPERAnti-spyware. Avast has real time virus detection and protection. The other is basically for malware/spyware but has no real time protection unless you pay for it but it is an excellent back up/second opinion scanner. For registry/pc cleaning use the free version of Wise Care 365,it does more than just clean your registry.

Download the free version of Malwarebytes. It is a very good anti-malware program. I don't know of any actual websuites that perform malware scans. I recall using TrendMicro Housecall over a decade ago on old PCs, but I don't know if it still is available.