Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicCelebrities · 6 months ago

Why would anyone want to be famous?

With all of the “secrets” that have been spilled about the entertainment industry, the massive invasion of privacy, and becoming a spectacle, why would someone want to be famous?

That reminds me of the old Taxi sitcom. Latka wanted to get rich selling his cookies. He told Alex, "You know, I don't want to get rich for the same reasons other men want to get rich." Alex say, "So you mean you don't want to get rich for the mansions, the yachts and the beautiful women ?" Latke thinks for a moment and replies, " You know, maybe I do want to get rich for the same reasons." Pretty funny.

I personally think because of the attention you get once you are famous. Not to sound emo or depressed or something but sometimes i just feel really empty and i know that fame wont fix anything but there's that slight hope that if other people can love you maybe i can love me too (i know pure cringe but what can you do). Not to mention money lol

• Brittany6 months agoReport

I totally understand the logic of the fact that people look to celebrity to feel validated.

The money.

The adoration of strangers who don't know you.

All the sex you would ever want, even if you're not especially good looking. Famous is enough.

Preferential treatment in nearly every business establishment you enter.

Fans giving you things, even if you can't safely eat the food or use the drugs.

• Speed

I would presume so, since the entertainment industry strongly favors the young and beautiful over the talented.

MONEY AND BENEFITS

• Kathy

Because it means to them a sense of fulfillment.

• Cathy

They want fame because it makes them feel important, like a "somebody."