AskZilla asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

Why are Microsoft's internet browsers so bad?

Favorite Answer

The main reason: MS browsers are not open sourced. Their chromium-based Edge browser is in its final stages, almost ready for non-beta release. Open-sourced browsers are the best browsers because they are tested and stressed by, not only the general public, but by professional programmers and hackers.

MS got it wrong right from the start with hacker-friendly ActiveX. Even some IE-based browsers dropped ActiveX because it was a critical flaw. MS just took too long to fix their browsers. While Firefox, Chrome, and Opera were adding new features and fixing flaws, MS just plugged the security holes. They added nothing from month to month like most other non-IE based browsers.

I'm waiting to try the new chromium-based Edge browser, but I'm still using Chrome, Firefox, and Opera primarily.

• AskZilla

Bomb-*** answer

Which browser most oftenly you use?

• Stasia

Who knows or cares? Just use Chrome like everyone else.

MS had this idea to offer a browser(as they were late in the game as they thought the WWW was a short term fad so browsers would be too).....anyways MS figured that their browser would automatically load every bit of bling so you did not have to seek it out and add it on.(as you do for Firefox(formerly known as Netscape...by Mozilla) . Netscape went as far as its programming would allow it and could not do anymore. So Mozilla rewrote the browser program and called it Firefox. You still had to go out and add on the extras add ons yourself.

Because MS did this automatically, malware writers and virus writers found it easy to introduce their bad program into Microsoft browsers so it has always been buggy and weak in protecting the individual pc user. MS did not write anti virus programs in the beginning, leaving that job to third parties to do that. MS was into making OFFICE PROGRAMS as they only saw the computer as a work tool and the big money was in the office programs.So it thought...and still thinks to this day.

Mozilla and Google Chrome focused on the internet browsing as they saw the WWW as a major information hub. Apple saw it as an artistic tool for art, music, and games.as well. That is why the people want a computer, to play with it.

I.E. was always attacked because of its programming framework. It was easy to get in with your malware and hold other computer operators for ransom.

As soon as I got my new computer it comes with Internet Explorer as your access to the web through the Windows Operating system. Now you can access the web. What you can do is type in Free Browsers and hit enter...and a raft of them would appear (especially during the browser wars, there was about 100 different browsers.(around about the era of I.E. 4. Netscape was the leader for fastest download speed as we were all on phone lines in those days @13kilobytespersec . Some had even slower connections than that. That was the speed so downloads of print messages was fast, but there was no such thing as movies or videos on line unless you wanted the phone line to be busy for ALL NIGHT LONG & you might have got some music or free program.

. Anyways as soon as I got online I downloaded Netscape as another browser. and a few others.. I have tried about 60 different browsers out. Each was different in the way they looked but to use a browser is like to drive a car. There are many makes of cars and you drove them because they are slightly different. Speed was the thing at the time and MS was the slowest to load. They never were really into the internet. I use Firefox,(FF); OR GOOGLE CHROME(GC) or UC when I browse as each has different qualities from the others. I avoid IE (though you cannot delete it from the computer as it is a part of the Windows program...I just never use it. There are other browsers such as Opera which is different in the way it works, some like it, but some sites do not see it or can not work with it...which is why you have to switch to a different browser....which only takes seconds.

.Microsoft Word is a windows program. It does not run in Firefox however they have their own wordprocessing program to let me type this letter. If I needed to make up a letter or resume I would use MS Word to do that because I have it and so I know it. There are other word processing programs I can download but it does not mean the other person can read it unless they have the same program..

. I use MS for the office stuff and other browsers to BROWSE...THE WEB.

I have no clue why they are so bad

Future versions od their browsers are based on chromium engine, they are pretty much abandoning theit own browser rendering enfines anyway.

• Enigma

Don't use them,get the Brave browser instead.

I don't have any problems with them myself. Set your homepage for Google and set your search engine for Google. and get rid of any add-ons and your browser should run fine make sure that you have the flash player and Java installed and everything out of work fine

i dont think theyre all bad, i have a good one

which ones, i use google chrome.

• AskZilla

I'm referring to Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer. I guess some of you are not familiar with Microsoft's brands, or software products.