Frank asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

How come an egg salad sandwich always needs to be on white bread? It doesnt work because the white bread is more moist?

You might aswell dip in water. Multi-grain would work better. Also multi grain tastes better, most of the time.

Favorite Answer

I agree. Rye and pumpernickel, toasted or not, along with other types of breads, like rolls, wraps, pitas, all make it more interesting - and less soggy.

• denise

I prefer brown or wholemeal bread for an egg salad sandwich, but you can choose whatever bread you want.

You can use whatever bread you want. There's no law that says you have to use white. Idiot

You can eat your egg salad sandwich on whatever bread you prefer. Some people prefer white bread, and some people don't. To each their own.

Many people prefer white bread. If needed, you can always toast the bread.

• edward

White bread is just empty carbs, i haven’t bought white bread in...since i was 10. So for the past 16 years i’ve lived without it

• ckngbbbls

compare labels on your bread and white bread. the glycemic index is identical if not higher with whole grain breads.
      there is no real benefit to one over the other if you eat too much.
      I too prefer whole wheat but for the flavor and nothing else.

Says who?

I don’t EVER eat white bread.

It's a white bread sandwich filler.

You're the only one who says it must be white bread. I don't care even if you eat it on a piece of lettuce. (like the fairies).

• Debbie6 months agoReport

Agreed! This has to be the dumbest question that I’ve ever heard of on an online forum! I’m going to assume that it was a child that asked it and forgive them if so but if this was asked by an adult then they have to be the biggest moron on planet earth!

• Sandy

An egg salad sandwich does NOT always need to be on white bread.

I buy and use multi-grain bread for almost everything. Can't remember the last time I ate white bread anywhere.