Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

how come countries with the strongest germanic influence in terms of culture and tradition tend to be the most developed?

scandinavian nations like Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark can all trace their roots from norse germanic people.

same with most of germany which is where the germanic people most likely originated from as well as the Netherlands, Belgium, northern France region of normandy, Austria,

the u.k and the strong anglo Saxon influence especially in England.

and countries outside of Europe like the U.S.A, canada, New Zealand, and australia.

their countries were founded by mostly early English settlers and maybe some other western european settlers. thus making those countries traditionally of anglo influence

Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, northern france, the u,k, the u,s,a, canada, australia, and new zealand

all rank really high in gdp per capita and human development index

@anon,

not all of Europe is germanic though

meditteranean and eastern europe is white yet not as developed??

actual llewan,

poor example, one region doesn't account for the entire country as a whole.

a third world country like NIGERIA has a rich developed area that compares to a developed European city, that doesn't change the fact that NIGERIA as a whole is a sh.tpoor country

@actual llewan.

and less developed areas exist everywhere.

even in scandinavian countries like Iceland or Denmark have rural backwater areas, but those countries as a whole are one of the most developed relative to most of the world

@perefectly baked liechstein is a tiny country that is mostly representation of people from other parts of Western Europe

its not a good example of a nation state that has a long history of tradition or unique languages .

to me Liechtenstein is like the Singapore of ueopre.

singapore is developed but its also a nation of mostly wealthyChinese, Malay, and Indians

You don't know what you are talking about.

It's because that's how things seem to you

without you having done anything remotely resembling an exhaustive comparison.

I think another aspect of it is how they're content being stable and not trying to take over worlds...

Isn't Liechtenstein the highest as far as GDP is concerned?

Their foreign policies are also not so extreme and expansive, so I think those are pluses.

I've never been to any of them, but I imagine they are very clean places.

I did visit Denver and I have no idea what kind of geneology the White demographic has there in general, but it was a very clean city.

• BOOM

Because those places are cold. Hawaii, for example, is warm. Only an idiot develops paradise.

Japan? SIngapore?

Actually the RICHEST region in the Eurozone is MILAN, Northern Italy.

(I myself am Norwegian/Danish American- Mom born in Denmark, Dad born in Oslo)

IF YOU REALLY want to know why some countries/cultures are advanced, and some are not-------------Read Jared Diamond's "Guns, Germs, and Steel." The answer is VERY DISAPPOINTING. The answer is......GEOGRAPHY. Geography shapes human culture. If you read the book, you suddenly realize why Europe was ahead of the curve.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, sorry, I actually have BEEN to Lagos. (Church Group). Lagos is built on a SWAMP. They have a NICE MALL and some nice condos. That's it. But you can be killed for wearing a Rolex ANYWHERE in Nigeria. That's not a problem in Milan.

They are nearly all white with systemic shared values.

• Lv 5

It’s not because of cultural influence, it’s because of the demographic living there being Northwestern Europeans. These societies, with a Germanic demographic create high trust and high IQ. In the Far East, they are high IQ and low trust, and everywhere else is low IQ, low trust societies.