Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

How do i upgrade to windows 10 for free?

i have a asus laptop i got and it has windows 7 enterprise and i want to get it to windows 10 for free but the media creation tool says i can’t upgrade this version of windows. how do i upgrade windows 7 enterprise to windows 10? idc which version of windows 10

Update:

it’s a powerful laptop it has good specs

Update 2:

it’s not an old computer

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Hi. Started out looking to post a simple link about the Win7Enterprise EULA that would explain how Enterprise requires the IT department to supervise all system updates & support issue repairs along with about 50 other complications that would cause the upgrade error message, but ...

Instead I found a better couple of videos that explains why if You DO decide to put Win10 on the system You should do it onto a new harddrive instead of wiping out the Win7 it has fully updated & drivers installed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SakjTLUuF-w

Youtube thumbnail

Read the vid description for the full list if You don't watch them both.

G'Luck!!!

• Lv 7
    6 months ago

you can't without buying a license.

you could only do it for free 3 years ago.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Why get the troublesome 10 when you already have the more superior 7?

• opurt
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Windows 7 Enterprise doesn't qualify for the free upgrade, as it's considered a business version and those have different rules for upgrading.

And because it's a business version, that's something your IT department should be handling.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Bill-M
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Use the Media Create Tool and Download the Windows 10 ISO onto a USB Stick.

Replace the existing Hard Drive in your laptop with a Solid State Hard Drive (SSD).

Make sure you have an internet connection. Ethernet is best but WIFI will do. During Setup it will ask you to connect to WIFI.

Boot off of the USB and Install to Install Windows 10. Select Windows 10 Pro. When Asked for the Product key, Select "I don't have a product key" and continue with the installation.

After windows is install open Control Panel > System and check if windows is activated. If not click on Activate Windows now and enter your Windows 7 Key.

I did this on a computer that had windows 7 and Windows 10 Automatically updated even with a clean install on a new SSD.

• 6 months ago

I would not bother upgrading if your laptop does not meet the requirements.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You'd need to speak with the IT staff at your employer, who is presumably the supplier of the Enterprise version that's installed. Enterprise is meant only for large organizations and isn't sold to individuals. They have the corporate keys and info on how to do the upgrade from the company's servers.

• 6 months ago

I wouldn't I had two older windows 7 laptops I upgraded both to free windows 10, they ran slower and crashed allot. Older computers just don't function right with windows 10. Better to buy a new computer with windows 10 on it.

• 6 months ago

They won't upgrade business or student systems. You aren't missing anything. There isn't a word too rude to describe Win 10.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

To get it free, you’d have to crack it. Which is illegal. The only free upgrades are from Windows 8 and up. It costs a lot of money to own windows 10 and your laptop might not even run it stably.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.