Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 3 months ago

How come yahoo answers isn't doing anything to stop online bullying and trolling that has been happening for years on here?

So I am about just about had it with this site as I am constantly getting harassed by a group of people on here. I get bashed and called names by a group of people on this website and they just won't stop. These people are about 5 people including a notorious troll named ajtheactress and she's been harassing me for years and stalking me. I had an unfortunate thing happened recently. I got arrested and I tried seeking legal help on the laws section and she comes in and taunts me about prison and jail and called my attorney a dumb a word and says he doesn't even know what he is doing. I am so tired of this. She got a couple of other people to join in to harass me. She and them move my questions to abuse and spam after bashing the heck out of me. How come yahoo answers won't do anything to stop her and all of these people from harassing me and other people ?? I've heard she's done this to others too.

,,,,,,,,,......,,..,.,.,,,,,,,,may 1994.....

• Lili

Probably because they can see what a disaster area you are and therefore don't give a damn what's done to you.

In reality, there's no one monitoring this site, so as long as you behave as you do, people are going to react to you as THEY do -- and precisely as you deserve.

Nobody bullies you, Sophie. We try consistently to help you by pointing out how unanswerable most of your questions are, in the hope that you'll post fewer of them, or post more, BETTER questions. As almost all of them are directed, however subtly, at arguing that Marlon Brando was gay and Kevin Spacey is a paedophile, it's clear you are determined not to get the message.

The user known as ajtheactress is quite remarkably patient with you. The only 'bullying' on your threads comes from YOU, when you post obscene and actually violent threats against her and the handful of others who recognise your posts and try to urge you to deal with what you yourself admit are real psychological problems.

And please bear in mind that you cannot know WHO moves your posts. I myself have never moved any of them, though I have reported some as repetitive ranting.

Have you taken your meds today? You sound off.

• Daniel

Yahoo is under new Management the New Management has not been Paying Attention to this Site very well Verizon owns it now and there has been a lot of Bugs and nothing has been getting Fixed

The old owners they took a while at Fixing things sometimes but they got the Job Done sooner or later

• .

Because the company that runs Yahoo (Verizon Media) doesn't care to spend the money it would take to clean up this site, because YA doesn't make enough money for them to warrant such an expenditure. It would require their staff monitoring the site (or at least opening up a heavily monitored email avenue for people to report those types of abuses), staff to handle the abuses/abusers, and it would have to be ongoing because suspending or deactivating a troll account doesn't stop them from creating another one.

If the site was a good money maker, it might be worth it to them, but as Yahoo found many years ago, even at YA's height, when it was really popular and super active, it cost them more than they deemed feasible to have live staff to handle all the reports and complaints. They pared down the staff and started making a LOT of the functions automated so staff was only involved when the system wasn't able to handle the issue.

Don't expect that to change.The options these days are to tolerate the abuse (report it as much as possible, but also accept that it's not going away) or leave the site.

Yahoo was sold to Verizon some time ago.

and Verizon,---quite frankly, can't be arsed to deal with this childish stalking sh*t-

That's just the way it is now. I got some idiot stalking me since 2016.

Yahoo at least use to suspend him periodically, after like 500 reports.

Verizon, doesn't give a sh*t .

Hopefully Yahoo will be forced to shut down

We do not appreciate criminals on this site. Please be mindful that decent people use this site too, and go somewhere else.

Several people have to flag these comments until Yahoo Answers does anything. Then they will take 10 points off the harasser's point total. If a person continues to harass or violate rules, then their account is closed. Unfortunately, the harasser can always return using another name.