People of faith: what is the difference between a NATURAL evil and a MORAL evil? Scripture references ok.?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • GA41
    Lv 7
    1 year ago
    Favourite answer

A natural evil is destruction which could be brought on by natural forces such as weather, or God's Justice. God used Syrians and the Babylonians to destroy Israel. This was bringing an Evil upon Israel, but it was not a moral Evil; God does not sin.--->"But just as all the good things the Lord your God has promised you have come to you, so he will bring on you all the evil things he has threatened, until the Lord your God has destroyed you from this good land he has given you. (Joshua 23:15).

A Moral Evil is a sin against God's Moral Laws.-->"If a man is found sleeping with another man’s wife, both the man who slept with her and the woman must die. You must purge the evil from Israel.(Deut 22:24)

A judge who condemns a man to death, pronounces an evil consequence for the perpetrator. This evil consequence is justice, not a moral evil. The perpetrator who murdered an innocent committed a moral evil.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

There is no evil in nature. Animals and plants are doing exactly what God designed them to do, as are the forces of nature. Sometimes those forces cause great harm to humans beings, but that doesn't make them "evil".

• 1 year ago

Natural evil: tornado, earthquake.

Moral evil: murder, adultery, using people.

• IF you are the object of a moral evil you suffer a natural evil.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 year ago

There is no difference, evil is evil...

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

A natural evil would be like famine or disease. A moral evil would be rape or murder. The bible is full of references which I won't look up for you. Take that dusty book of your shelf and blow on it, dust it if necessary. You may confuse the dust for ash. The flood story will give you some idea.

Source(s): Orthodox Jew
  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

All evil is illusion because God didn't create it, we made it up. The illusion ends with forgiveness....Matt 12.7

Evil can be a contraction of energy veil.

• IF I punch you in the face, I commit moral evil and you suffer physical evil

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.