SD card is apparently "in use" and unsafe to eject from PC.?

I have a 64 GB SD card, and I recently put it in my Windows 10 PC to put some files on it. When I go to check if its safe to eject it from my PC, it says some files from the card are in use and it'll be unsafe to eject it. Problem is, I put the SD card in days ago, and my PC has been turned on/off multiple times, and it still says this. The only files on it are videos, so I don't see how they're in use. Even when I close everything, its still "in use" and I'd like to be able to confirm I can take it out safely.

Also press ctrl/alt/del next time you power on and have your home screen up, select task manager and select from the options to check on any running programmes. You should have none. If something is running select end task option. If it doesn't work you may have a virus. On internet go to microsoft website and look for help there, they have an on-line virus checker.

While the computer is still OFF, remove the card.

• keerok

Shutdown. Take out the card. Power on. There. Solved.

I take them out all the time without ejecting and even when it says "in use" when I know the files from it are closed.

But, to be safe, follow the recommendation of Master of Puppets

If you want to play it safe, you can power down your PC and remove the SD card.