does rhinoplasty ruin your singing voice?

I desperately need rhinoplasty but don’t wanna ruin my singing voice cause its good so ..

Why are you asking this question on line to strangers instead of discussing this with your doctor?

• y

Cosmetic or reconstruction? You say you desperately need it, why?

I still sound like a trumpet when I blow my nose, have a ton of postnasal drip which does catch in the throat, alters things. But it is so much better then the multiple infections I used to get, haven't had one in over a decade now. It all depends on what exactly they have to do and what exactly your issues are.

• Nancy

It can. Barbra Streisand has said that that's why she never got one. Cher had one, though, and it didn't affect the sound of her singing voice. The nasal cavity is your voice's resonating chamber and where it gets its volume and timbre. Messing with it with a nose job can have the effect that shoving a bunch of socks into the hole of a guitar can have on the sound of the guitar--not good. Basically, you're rolling the dice. If you live off your singing voice or if it's really important to you, then maybe you shouldn't. You have to decide what you want more. I mean, is the chance of having a different looking nose worth a chance that how you sound when you sing will be adversely affected.

Yes. Makes perfect sense. You need a medical procedure and instead of discussing this with the doctor or provider who has the experience, training and skills to properly answer your question - you go online and ask a bunch of random strangers.

My guess, if it were not for South Park nobody here would even know what that was.