Ivana asked in PetsDogs · 5 months ago

Why do dogs suddenly bark at nothing?

48 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Their hearing is amazing! They hear things humans cant. That's my guess why they'd be barking at a sound that you cant hear!

• 5 months ago

They sense or hear or see something you didn't see maybe, just a guess.

• 5 months ago

The smell and hearing of a dog are more than human. So with our senses, we cannot identify what is possible in the dog. I heard from an Islamic scholar that dogs see the jinn. The demon is called jinn in Islam. I can tell from the results of my search that if a dog calls, it means something bad or good. I mean dog barking is always significant.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

My basset hound puppy did that a lot. Once I used a shock collar he stopped barking at nothing.

• where have you been, you ffucking moron??

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

They don't. They bark at something - whether it's a sound you can't hear or a thing you can't see they don't bark without a reason

• 5 months ago

Just because you don't know what the dog is barking at doesn't mean it is barking at nothing.

• 5 months ago

With their sense of hearing being about three times ours, they can hear things we cannot. Their sense of smell is far greater than ours. So your dog is not actually barking at nothing. There was a reason for it.

• P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

you took the words out of my mouth bluebonnetgranny! Good answer!

• 5 months ago

they dont they bark at something you cant hear but they can

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

they smell smelly socks or somthing

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

They have far more acute senses than humans. Their sense of smell and hearing are extremely sensitive and have a wider range.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.