Anonymous

Should I return to my old job?

I left my part time job to focus on school for a while. In my last month there, some new assistant managers were hired and I do not get along with one of them. She yelled at me because someone told her I knew how to do something and I told her I didn't, and she got mad. She also accused me of stealing on my last shift(I would never do that. I threw away my receipt because no one ever asks to see them. I eventually found it as it was in the top of the garbage can.) The general manager, who I am really close with asked me to come back and work weekends while I was in school. I didn't want to at first because the place I work is very short-staffed and because of my issues with the new assistant manager. Now I am debating it because I feel like I have a lot of free time on my hands, and it is only a 30 minute drive. I am not sure if this is a good decision as a third year mechanical engineering student at a competitive school taking 17 credit hours. Do you think it is to much to pick up work around 10-20 hours a week(I worked 20 hours a week when I attended community college for two years)?

I wouldn’t go back! Always move forward

Yes go back again......nobody will know you

Once things go wrong in a work place, the damage is already done. Could you fix that damage? The chances of you starting get along with the same people are very limited in my view. Will you feel comfortable there? I don't think so. If fact it may even affect your performance as well as your self confidence, becuase you just go along and try to fit in.

Get a new job. It may take a while but could be better in the end. Learn from the past. You may also have to take some responsibilty of what happened before in the old job and change your ways in the new job. All the best.

• I wouldn't go back if I was treated like that. Apply to other jobs.

If you don't get along, why not try somewhere else? If you don't get along there too, maybe it will be time to look in the mirror.

I never did not get along with anyone I worked with. I went to work to work and I did my job. And when I moved up to asst manager and manager I did the same. No reason to create problems out of thin air.

No way my friend.

no..........................