bettyb
bettyb asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 5 months ago

What is it called when someone won't eat red meat or poultry but will eat seafood?

Favorite Answer

A pescatarian does not eat meat but does eat fish.

yeah its a presbyatarian

An almost vegetarian.

Pescatarian. Apparently.

Pescatarians avoid red meat and poultry, opting only for fish.

Taylor. OK, that's my granddaughter's name, and she's a pescitarian.

That would be pescatarian.

Pescatarians avoid only red meat and poultry. Pollo-tarian - Pronounced poyo, someone of this dietary preference avoids red meat

So having given the full dietary gradient, I'm sure we all fall into one bucket or another. Or perhaps have our feet in two different buckets and are in a transitory phase of evolving from one to the next.

Whatever it is and whatever your reasons may be - it is your dietary preference.This is the person that proudly and loudly proclaims "I'm a vegetarian" and the moment you sit down at the table, they're ordering the chicken parmigiana or beef stroganoff from the waiter. Vegetarian my a-s!

And then at the complete opposite end of the spectrum we have the straight up carnivore. I don't know of anyone who is a pure carnivore (at least not anyone human), but I can think of a handful of friends that come pretty darn close.

• Cammie

They are called Picky .

• JetDoc

Some "vegetarians" can eat seafood and dairy products, while others are more strict and "Vegans" will only eat plant products.

That's called pescatarian.

Aster is totally wrong. Neither vegans nor vegetarians eat animal flesh. Fish is animal flesh.