Should Pitbulls be banned nationwide in America like they are in the UK. Why aren't they?

I see Pit Bulls attack people all the time in the news, media etc. People keep saying "It never attacked anyone, I trained and socialized with it for years and never attacked anyone." Until when they least expect it their Pit Bulls do attack their babies, other people, children and even their own owners.... show more I see Pit Bulls attack people all the time in the news, media etc. People keep saying "It never attacked anyone, I trained and socialized with it for years and never attacked anyone." Until when they least expect it their Pit Bulls do attack their babies, other people, children and even their own owners. It happens all the time. Pit Bulls have attacked and killed more people than any other dog breed has by far.