Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 5 months ago

Why do some Scots want independence?

Scotland is poor with a small undiversified economy, it'd constantly be seeking loans from other countries.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Nāga
    Lv 7
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

They want independence from the UK but want to be ruled from Brussels. Makes no sense to me, but politics in the UK is f*cked.

• ...Show all comments
    • Bill5 months agoReport

This makes no sense. I don't know a single Scot who is in favour of independence who wants to be ruled by Brussels. Brussels is in Belgium. I'm wondering if you know that.

• Zed
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because they have ideas of grandeur which just will not materialize when they are the EU's puppet. They can't afford the fees for the EU membership.

There is some oil and gas out in the North sea, sure, but those Rigs are ENGLISH built. We'll take them back.

• Red5 months agoReport

Complete utter nonsense. But I guess you know that. Ideas of grandeur? So, is that what you think of the majority of people in the world? The vast majority of countries are independent. Are you suggesting they should all be part of the UK?!

• 5 months ago

money always money

• 5 months ago

they're just following in the footsteps of Mel Gibson

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

To be directly ruled from Brussels.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

How the hell can it be independent if it is part of the E.U or the United States of Europe.

• F
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Because they are led by a one policy racist party.

• Red5 months agoReport

Oh? What party's that then?

• 5 months ago

First of all, it's a lot more than some. And contrary to what you are saying, Scotland is not poor with a small undiversified economy. What utter nonsense. But let me see, why do they want independence? To be a normal country for starters. It's about much, much, much, much more than economics.

The overwhelming majority of countries are independent and run their own affairs and that is something that many Scots reckon is worth aspiring to.

A political union which is so imbalanced to the extent that one of the parties is outnumbered 10 to 1 is not equality. I reckon if you were to ask citizens of Austria, Czech Republic, Belgium, Iceland, Switzerland, Andorra, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Slovenia, Croatia, Isle of Man, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Montenegro, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Poland, Slovakia, Malta, Hungary, Greece, Moldova, Portugal, Ireland, for example if they'd like to give up their independence and enter into a political union where it didn't matter how they voted in an election, it would have no bearing whatsoever on who they would receive as the government, it's highly unlikely they'd say "Oh goody, yes please."

• ...Show all comments
    • Red5 months agoReport

That's not remotely the case. They would not be giving up their independence as they have none at present.

• 5 months ago

I wish they do...fed up with them always bleeding moaning

• 5 months ago

They love porridge and haggis so much they're prepared to only eat them until things get better.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It's actually very few Scots who want independence it's just that the wee krankie woman want to be President of Scotland.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.