Do you think eating a banana caused these feelings or do you think it was coincidental?

I heard that bananas contain a plant protein that contains pollen that your body reacts to if you have ragweed seasonal allergies. I do have sinus headaches and post nasal drip during allergy season and was wondering if it'd still be safe to eat a banana.

I had a banana about four days ago and starting a few hours later lasing for about a day I had an off taste in my throat and mouth and couldn't taste my food. Then another day later after that my glands were sore when I woke up which lasted another twenty four hours. Do you think that was all from the banana or something else?

I also had bad acid reflux but can that cause pain in your glands? They weren't swollen, just tender. I'm afraid to eat a banana again but want to for the health benefits.

Favorite Answer

none of your symptoms are related to a freakin banana.

Swollen glands are your lymph nodes fighting an infection, probably a cold since those are easier to catch when you are having allergy issues.

Acid reflux is generally from eating fatty, spicy foods or drinking soda before going to bed.

Plant protein probably doesn't contain pollen because pollen is in open flowers...not inside the fruit from the flower.

• DIEGO.

good question!!

Where did you read this? I wouldn't trust it

I am not sure if that is what made you sick but if it was then it doesn't seem like you are getting much health benefits from it