Anonymous

Is it good news if the interviewers start discussing start dates in front of you? I feel like it is but i don't want to get my hopes up.?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

maybe..........................

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Possibly but I've been through plenty of interviews, which I thought went extremely well, that I ended up getting a rejection letter for. Don't make any assumptions that you'll get the job. In the meantime you just gotta keep on truckin' and applying for what you can.

• 5 months ago

Until you actually have a job offer, don't assume you have the job. Its easier to be excited getting the offer than it is to wait for a phone call that may never come...

Worst outcome is you get another job offer in the meantime.

• My rule of thumb is nothing is official until I'm sitting at my new desk on my first day.

Take nothing for granted. Assume nothing. Trying to make predictions and "de-code" what things mean will only drive you insane and not help in your job search.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

It’s definitely a good sign, they’re maybe considering on hiring you :)

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Possibly. But, do not get your hopes up.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, I'd say that's a positive, but remember, while it suggests that you are on the short list, that they are serious about you, there could be one or two other people on the list as well. A final decision has not been made, and they are just trying to ascertain when you'd be available to start if they settled on you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.