Michael asked in PetsCats · 5 months ago

Cat mouth foaming and vomit all over cage from car ride?

My kitty is about 10 years old. Hardly leaves the house unless going to the vet. He does have a history of Blatter crystals/obstructions. Tried to take him on a play date with friends cat plus kind of an experiment to see if I can take him with me when I move out. Currently lives with other cats his whole life. Hes never liked car rides like most cats screaming and crying the whole time. He got quiet for maybe 5 mins then I pulled up to friends house where I noticed him foaming out the mouth then just threw up everywhere. Immediately took him home almost back and hes crying that long meow like hes threatened by something. Is this something I should worry about? Is he just over reacting? He was really upset and did not like seeing him like that. Should also add he was panting with his mouth open. He is fine now 2 days later.

• Laura
    Favorite Answer

He was under so much stress that he got sick in the car.

This could be something big especially if it happens again.

I recommend getting him something that will help him stay calm, like feliway. This is a spray you can spray in his carrier before he going in it so it will help him stay calm.

• Lauren

Your cat got really stressed out and felt nauseous (that's why he was foaming at the mouth). Many cats hate car rides and feel sick.

He never liked car rides but you took him for one anyway. Yes, he was upset. He doesn't like car rides. He thought he was going to the vet. He was stressed enough to get sick.

Cats do not like play dates. They do not like new places. They do not like meeting other cats in strange places.

If you move house with a cat, expect the cat to take at least a week to get used to the new home.

Bladder, not blatter.

• Michael5 months agoReport

First of all spelling is irrelevant to my question. Second other cats in my home do not act like this. So your answer is not helpful thanks.

• Maxi

"take him on a play date with friends cat plus kind of an experiment" ....... that is idiotic! It is a cat, not a kid and you knew exactly how it would react

• Michael5 months agoReport

An experiment to see if I can take him out of my parents house because he my cat? The insult was not necessary but thanks for your input.