Is it ok to leave propane gas tank in a garage with the door cracked open?

My friend is kicked out of the house he was leaving and moved to my home. So he brings his stuff and left it in my 2 car garage including two propane gas tanks. I told that it's not safe to leave a propane gas tank store in an enclosed area. I live in a townhouse and HOA not to leave anything outside. I told... show more My friend is kicked out of the house he was leaving and moved to my home. So he brings his stuff and left it in my 2 car garage including two propane gas tanks. I told that it's not safe to leave a propane gas tank store in an enclosed area. I live in a townhouse and HOA not to leave anything outside. I told him to return it to the local store but he didn't. Instead, he cracks the garage doors open to improve ventilation. Is it ok to leave propane gas tank in a garage with the door cracked open?