Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

How to handle the memories of being bullied ?

My question is to those, who have suffered bullying in their childhood, specially in school. How do you cope with those memories ? The feeling of anger, helplessness, disappointment, the urge for revenge ? .....even if you know it will be never possible ?

I wasn’t bullied... You seem to be ruling out revenge, why?

• Will

By moving on and getting over it. Simple as that. The memory might always be present, but it's over, done, part of the past. It's over so move on and quit thinking it still affects you.

I'm Asian and was born on an American Army base... but bullying in public school was so bad that I dropped out after 7th grad... got my GED...

I haven't necessarily thrived... but I won't necessarily recommend or endorse what I've done to forget the stuff or the lifestyle I lead... but I definitely know that there are a lot more options for others and patience may be key.

I was brutally bullied for being fat when I was a kid. It took me a long time to find a proper way to vent it out. The gym was my prism. Lifting weights, running and boxing help me a lot.

Therapy will likely help.

You can always get revenge by not letting the bullies win.

I actually got revenge on the worst Teachers I ever had. I filled out about 300 magazine order forms in their name and mailed them in! They got bombarded with tons of magazines in their mailbox that they didn't want! Their mailboxes were probably stuffed full of unwanted magazines everyday!

I had a lot of fun filling those out and sending them in!

The magazine companies also sold those Teachers names and addresses to other companies and they got more junk mail and unwanted phone calls!

Then I put ads in the newspaper saying their houses and cars they didn't own were for sale at ridiculously low prices. They prolly got tons of calls and unwanted visitors!

I prank called them all day and night even when they were at work! A few times I gave them death threats! I had a lot of fun!

I reported them to the police and child protective services for child abuse, drug possession and sales at school, theft and other things! I ruined them!

• Tony2 months agoReport

thing and between loss my in kicten when use live before and people on our street maybe I big girl boozs I guses I miss her so much and don't how live my dad stop ineper I marry a woman and live her just very unhappy and missy

You have to consistently remind yourself that's in the past. It may not be resolved but it's gone and long over with. Remember the ones who love you, and, for goodness sake, keep them in your life. Stay in the present and be there for your loved ones, whether you have 3 people in your life or 100.

I know it's hard to think that bullies may have had problems - they never seem to have a soul at all, but consider their home life at the time of bullying - they might have had it tougher than you. Not saying it's an excuse to bully, but could explain why they are acting out due to someone else and not you necessarily.

Still I hated my school years and wish I could have done or said something about it. It was hard being in school with no friends or relatives like siblings or cousins to support me. How I got through it without considering suicide, I'll never know. It still sticks with me. In fact today I remembered those days and felt an insane mix of anger, frustration, resentment, jealousy, hurt and helplessness.

• Tony2 months agoReport

younging brother he was more my type but i wish being with him more but same he family heary hitt

Voodoo dolls help. Not because I think they work, but because they help relieve stress. Or writing stories, where the bully gets their comeuppance.

When I have a memory of being bullied or something that upsets me, I confront myself saying Is alright now, is over with, I don't have to deal with it anymore. Try putting that into your mindset, maybe it will help you get over it in the meantime, Good luck.

A guard dog's skill is to bite, a skunk's skill is to spray, a bully's skill is to intimidate. In some situations, their skill may have some value, but honestly let's not aspire to be animals. Most of the time intelligence, respect, and kindness win out. The best revenge is a good life.