What did I find?

I dug this up from a riverbank about 4 inches down in the gravel and rocks.

It's very heavy like iron but not corroded for something that has likely been submerged for many years.

It's hard to tell what it's made of. I assume it's rock. My guess is that it's a large river rock of some kind. It doesn't look man made, at least not something which was intentionally shaped that way. I think it probably split off of a larger rock somehow and then spent a long time under flowing water, where it was sculpted and smoothed out to look like that. If it was in a pile of gravel (like on an embankment, it may have been put in there as fill.

The smooth rocks look formed or melted. They look like faces to me. But it could be from a shipwreck or a statue. It doesn't make sense to say it was pushed by the tidal current. Maybe fossilized shells or some creature with ugly markings. Would check for radioactive elements if I were you. You could have a very worthwhile finding. Suggest to a (IDK) a museum or a college -ology department. (paleo-archeology) for Carbon dating...