How is it possible to eat tartar and not get sick?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Mark
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

You have to use VERY fresh meat, preferably ground by you shortly before you serve it. I personally don't like raw meat - it tastes like blood, and I'm neither a vampire nor a dog.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

People have been doing it for ages so it is possible.

• denise
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

I havent tried it [dont fancy it!], though its said if the meat is 'very' fresh, its fine.

• 9 months ago

Tartare, as well as sushi, relies on the fact that we have learned how to raise or screen animals that have no baceteria or parasites that could make you sick. They also have to be exceptionally fresh. Over time we've raised extremely healthy, safe cattle, and since the elimination of certain parasites in domestic stock, the same extends to pork.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You start with the freshest beef that you can buy. You can buy pasteurized eggs so the egg yolk will be safe to eat.

• Clive
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Tartar what? There is no such food.

• Adam D
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Meat isn't naturally full of bacteria. It gets introduced during processing. If high levels of cleanliness and sanitation are imposed during processing, raw meat is pretty safe.

• 9 months ago

Tartare is what I meant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.