my blood pressure is 167/120 and my heart rate is 91 is this normal?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Your diastolic pressure is 120 mm Hg. It may cause heart attack, stroke or kidney failure. Get admission to the hospital immediately.

Links:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypertensive_emergen...

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

You could live with a HR of 91, but 167/120 is literally crazy high. It is not (yet) clinically a hypertensive crisis, but it isn't far away. A BP like that is a one way street to heart problems, & heart problems are a 1 way street to death.

Did you get this reading from a battery operated cuff? This may be a bogus reading. You need a clinician to take your BP with a steth & a manual cuff.

Also: do yourself a favor; if someone on YA tells you that thgis sky high BP is due to "dehydration & not enough salt", IGNORE that advice!

• 8 months ago

NO...YOU ARE VERY HYPERTENSIVE AND NEED TO GET CHECKED ASAP.

• 8 months ago

No both your systolic and your diastolic are way too high. And unless you're exercising the beat is also high. 130/80 and 72 are good numbers on average.

• ...Show all comments
    • 8 months agoReport

"130/80 and 72 are good numbers on average." 130 is hypertensive & 130/70 is a pulse pressure of 50 (with 40 being a normal pulse pressure)--hardly good "on average". The best suggestion I can give to you is refrain from giving medical advice.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

If these are resting numbers, they are not normal. 167 is high. 120 is extremely high. 91 is just above the top end of the normal range.

• 8 months agoReport

A HR under 60 is clinically bradycardia; a HR over 100 is clinically tachycardia.  60 to 100 BPM is considered within normal limits. 

• 8 months ago

If your bottom number is seriously 120, you should go to the ER... like, now.

• Jogger2425
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

I deleted my answer in favor of this one.  Alexander is right. Your numbers indicate you need an emergency response.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.