Should I try to install Windows 10 myself?

I bought the program, and it just arrived yesterday (flash drive).

I know I have to backup my files, first. That's not a problem.

I'm just wondering if the installation will be as simple as the instructions seem to imply.

There are a few steps, and then it says "we'll walk you through the rest."

So, should I try to do it myself?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • stan l
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Best answer

I'm 77 and I've done it to 6 computers. It's easy, just follow the directions and various prompts. If it asks to restart do it. At the end it may want to update, LET IT! It may take a long time, it may not. Do NOT turn the computer off unless it says to.

• 2 months ago

of course u should try cz if u try today the more u try more u will success if not today bt oneday must

• 2 months ago

Hi. If You're familiar enough with how a computer works to do a full backup anyway, You have absolutely nothing to lose.

The process is actually very easy, but make sure You read ALL THE MESSAGES CAREFULLY.

I say this not only because of the upgrade processes & steps, but also because of the HUGE CHANGES IN THE EULA. Windows 10 requires You to allow it an enormous amount of access to Your hardware & data. You REALLY need to be aware of just what You're letting them do with Your stuff.

G'Luck!!!

• keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, it would be a great learning experience.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

That is part of learning, most people will face these situations it is fairly easy and you will be receiving download prompts as you go through the process.

• Iva
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

WHY NOT? GO AHEAD.

• 2 months ago

Yes. I did. No problems.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.