how do i avoid myself from getting my fingers or toes bitten off by a chimpanzee?

so i was watching on youtube a episode of monsterquest and they were investagating the reports of attacks on humans from chimpanzees and there was one incident or report where in a chimpanzee zoo or place just for chimpanzees and this couple worked there and they were celebrating one of the younger chimpanzees birthdays and one of the male chimpanzees escaped from another enclosure and attacked both the man and woman and was biting their fingers and toes off and now i am worried that a chimpanzee is gonna bite my fingers and toes off and i am worried

Most effective method is keep your damned fingers and toes out of their cage

• Kenny

Put hot pepper juice on them .

Wear heavy gloves and work boots.

• JimZ

Avoiding getting your fingers and toes bitten off by a chimpanzee has to be the second easiest task on earth right after avoiding charging elephants.

Don't invite any chimps over, put a sign on your door saying: "no chimps allowed", and wear body armor when in public.

Shoes and common sense of not touching the cages.

• MARK

This is what is called a phobia, that is, an irrational fear. I do not know where you live. I live in the UK. Here in the UK we do not have marauding gangs of chimpanzees. Even in zoological collections that hold chimpanzees escapes are extremely rare. Therefore, I am able to go about my daily life without the slightest fear of having my digits bitten off by chimpanzees.

they probably tried to pet it..sticking their fingers right in its face...would you like that done to you?

• Anonymous9 months agoReport

well no in the show they were getting cake for the one chimp whos birthday it was and a couple of males from another enclosure and attacked the couple and was ontop of them and bitting their fingers and toes

Chimps are territorial. They will avoid humans if they are in the wild. You do not have to worry about them. Some people have been attacked by captive chimps because the chimps got spooked or feel threatened. You can avoid attack just by staying away from captive individuals.

just stay from any chimps, and there will be no problem. 

my answer stands. I have not seen a chimp or been near one for decades.